Thursday, November 10, 2005

Deliver me from reasons why, you'd rather cry, I'd rather fly

(from Crystal Ship by the Doors)

Just started adding that one back into my personal line up - and that line stands out - an old LA disc jockey from KMET (maybe KLOS) named Jim Ladd had also pointed out that line in one of his radio shows. (From the looks of it, he is still around).

I have gone from various points of views on the purpose of life (the answer is 42 according the the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). When I was a miserable teen, I figured it was just completely pointless since there was no such thing as happiness - at least none that I could experience anyways. Flying to one extreme of mania wasn't really that happy to begin with, and I like the Buddhists view of not getting too attached to any one emotion, but overall - I really think that happiness is what we are supposed to try to achieve here, as difficult as it can be, and that it is something that can be attained without flying off into the cosmos in and Estimated Prophet state of delusional mania.

It will be a real test for me since winter is coming with the short days and nasty weather, and intense workload, but right now over all life is good - but it seems like you really have to pay your dues one way or the other to get that - and even then, have to be ready for the next wave of sadness/anger/exhaustion/anxiety that may be around the corner. Some have stated I seem to have really turned my life around based on these postings, but I still am the same guy - same hangups, lurking self hatred (something I still have to work on), moods, and anxiety - all waiting to come out and rear their ugly heads. What has changed for me is having faith in the undefined spirituality of existence, having a strong foundation in my family life now after having worked through our crisis here. Working out an hour of intense sweating cardio (which I am on my way to shortly) after the dog gets his morning half hour walk also makes me feel a lot better - kind of clears the crap out of my system and gets me going for the day.

So - I would be the last to claim I have it all figured out, and if some disaster is lurking in my life, I will promplty fall apart at the drop of a hat, but somewhere I have found some strength to turn around my normal miserable state into a pretty content one, and all I can hope and ask for is that it can stay this way, that more people around me who are suffering for one reason or another, can also find this within themselves too - because I know with faith and perserverance - it is possible. From the Jimmy Cliff Song:

You can get it if you really want
But you must try, try and try
Try and try, you'll succeed at last

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link