Friday, November 04, 2005

I need a miracle every day

from the Weir-cheese classic "I Need a Miracle"

I guess everything in life happens for a reason. The people I wrote to haven't written back, and are probably stuck in hell (as Don Ruiz describes in his book) in their present state, combined with some other people we know here in Dayton who are now separating (there is a definitely a link of misery in these two families). Both of these groups live in lovely million dollar huge homes, that seem like large and vast luxurious prions. We may have a tiny little place, but no matter how big the house is - if there is no love in it, it is not a home. In comparsion to them - I wake up feeling like it is a miracle to be in a peaceful, loving family situation. Yeah - we still bicker at times, but it comes and goes, and there are no more feelings of lingering resentment, anger and feelings of hatred - as there once were - and as there may be with these other folks we know. It seems like a miracle (I could have went with "Waiting for a Miracle" as the title post) to be in such a state of peace and spiritual connectedness. Gotta keep singing my thank you song, maybe I will even re-record now that I have it down, the first recording was kind of choppy and I was reading the words from paper, so some of them got lumped together (along with Lucy's lumpy head).

Been pretty tired this week - daylight shortening has really kicked me in the head, and massive winds are wreaking havoc - blew down a home in Gardnerville under construction that I will have to look at next week.

Heard Jimmy Cliff's version of I Can See Clearly Now - had never really heard the words before - and completely relate to it now. There is nothing quite so powerful as surviving a hellish situation and knowing that "all of the bad feelings have disappeared, here is that rainbow I've been praying for". It gives you a new appreciation for life and gratitude for each day alive and all that one is blessed to have.

Still - feeling very grateful this morning to have it so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link