Sunday, October 16, 2005

Gratitude

this is an audio post - click to play


Thank you - for the next breath of air
Thank you - for the clothes that I wear
Thank you - for the roof for my head
Thank you - for the sleep in my bed
Thank you - for friends I still know
Thank you - for the places I get to go
Thank you - for my small share of wealth
Thank you - for my good state of health

Thank you - for the music I hear
Thank you - for my functioning ears
Thank you - for the blazing blue skies
Thank you - I can see with my eyes
Thank you - I can still run and swim
Thank you - I have functioning limbs
Thank you - for the vast heavens above
Thank you - I know pleasures of love

Thank you - for my beautiful bride
Thank you - she is still by my side
Thank you - for each day she's with me
Thank you - for the days that are yet to be
Thank you - for our beautiful little girl
Thank you - for her still innoncent world
Thank you - for the storms we have all weathered
Thank you - that we're still all here together

Thank you - for the work that I have
It stresses me sometimes, for the most part I'm glad
Thank you - for this work I am able
Thank you - for the food on my table
Thank you - for the worlds that I still roam
Thank you - for this sweet castle of my own
Thank you - for the walls that still stand
Thank you - for foundations on solid land

Thank you - for the waters and seas
Thank you - for the mountains and trees
Thank you - for the wood from their logs
Thank you - for the wolves and the dogs
Thank you - for every beast that roams
Thank you - for the places they make their homes
Thank you - for every species that's here
Thank you - this world I will learn not to fear

Thank you - for your infinite spirit
When the time is right, in my music I hear it
Thank you - for the sound of my voice
Thank you - I still make the right choice
Thank you - for this guitar that's in my hands
Thank you - for the music in every land
I know I have taken my life for granted
I know I have complained about the cards I've been handed
I know times I've not wanted to live that day
Thank you - I can appreciate my life today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link