Sunday, September 25, 2005

In the night of the iron sausage

Another Zappa quote from "Torture Never Stops" and a line filled with possible imagery, considering that the "iron sausage" is apparently going to be an instrument of torture. Kind of what I felt that needle fishing though my veins on my birthday was before I passed out.

Now - the official results of the test - are: I am completely fine. Blood sugar - good, triglycerides - once were high - now - are fine, cholesterol is at 143 - as low as it has ever been (thanks Mom and Dad for the genes) - and only possible concern is bad cholesterol is a little high, (maybe because I ate out the night before) and they said if I am not doing it now, to exercise. What I have changed is how I exercise. If you leave the gym and you aren't covered with sweat, you aren't trying hard enough - so I have stepped up the cardio effort level when I am there, which is 4-5 times a week. I take a long walk on the weekends. Now with hypoglycemia, I understand the tests aren't always accurate - but for me the message of my dizzy spells was to watch what I eat, and since I have started doing that, my weight is no longer spiralling out of control and I feel better on top of that. I have oatmeal or hot grain cereal in the morning which makes me feel more full than cold cereal, eat more smaller meals, and a put a stop to eating at night - and now I don't feel faint or ravenous any more. Bad eating habits are like an avalanche that spiral out of control. Like the Buddhists say - if you are "mindful" of your actions, your life improves - and that applies to eating as well as anything else. So - my weight will do what it will - I am never going to be the portrait of fitness, but as long as I am trying, that is all I can ask for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link