Saturday, June 09, 2007

You never know what you'll find in an empty house


I happened to be looking through an empty house for sale off of Stephanie Way, not too far from where our friend Viola lives. Anyways - not going to go into the reasons why I was looking at it, but I just was - and I saw this picture over a loft area on a wall that was drawn by hand onto the wall of the platform for sleeping. The guy kind of reminds me of Jim Morrison a little. It seemed to be pretty well done for someone just drawing a picture on a wall and it had a kind of magical fairy tale look to it, so I decided to get a couple pictures of it. In a strange way it was inspiring to me. Sure - it could be perceived as somewhat cheesy, maybe so - but I still felt compelled to make a second trip back into the house to get a better look and picture of it, even after I had all my data on the house completed already. It seemed to me whoever drew it was in some way living it, as there was a simultaneous piece of what looked like mistletoe on the room entrance. Here it is - unknown art from a house pending sale in north Minden.

1 Comments:

Blogger umaopraoprauma said...

Looks more like Pauly Shore to me.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link