Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ass-hole Mountain

I was at a gathering yesterday to celebrate Summer Solstice - and we were talking to the host who told us he drives by our town every day to get to work - which naturally prompted the question where do you work - and his response was over on Ass-hole Mountain - driving some heavy equipment for what I gathered to be mining and rock extraction. He looked real surprised that we had not heard of Ass-hole Mountain. I was waiting for the punch line that never arrived, or thinking it was a place like a bar that he had not liked and re-named - you know the way some people re-name a place like Home Depot - Home Despot, some kind of not so affectionate nickname - but he was dead serious. So I looked it up on Google - one guy put it up on his Flickr here - and sure enough, it really does exist and it is not too far from where I live.

I am one of those people who finds meaning in every event in my life, from seeing hidden faces that appear to be coming out of trees and rocks while I am in a meditational state, to the meaning of the people I have chosen to encounter in my life - so I see this as a real milestone - like I really am meant to be here where I live, like somehow or another I am on the right track. Not only do I know there is an Ass-hole Mountain, but its presence is within eyesight of my town. I am very moved by this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link