Saturday, March 03, 2007

Singing on My Space

For a while I was known to sing here and post, by calling on the phone and holding the guitar up to my face while the phone was pressed against my shoulder - not too comfortable - though I guess I had a fan who happened to enjoy hearing them. Now they don't have the same program and I was too lazy to figure it out, but I have a new camera for work which has a lot more memory, so I can actually sing and record an entire song - so despite someone here at home laughing at me doing this, I can now post a whole song and the acoustics are much better than the phone - even though I don't exactly provide great scenery. So courtesy of My Space - here it is and I am posting the words here - I find them to be self-inspiring - which has lately become the sole purpose of my song writing. I have expressed a lot of these ideas before, but just a new way of approaching it. This time around I heard the tune in my head first before I ever even thought of the words, the chords came next, the words were last - with the chorus written first, and then the remaining verses that were last to come out. It seems to work for me anyways. These are the words - right now I call it "Behind Me" (click on the the song title to get to the visual)

I know a brutal storm came through, but it's behind me
I've tried and failed to search for my soul, but it will find me
I've tried for years to capture my love, she's now inside me
I know you cannot see her face, but she's beside me

All I've ever needed is love sweet love
It's love that I'd never known
Fleeting and elusive as the holy Grail
But I found it in the dark ocean depths of my soul
I may be stumbling, lost and confused
Blindfolded as I reach out for the answer today
But the God, the Goddess, spirits of my ancestors
I believe they are lighting my way
I can't do it alone, but I don't have to
Tune into the music of my heart
Love is the question and love is the answer
It's the end middle and the start
But I know I can get there with a little help
Climb some steep cold mountains on the way
The struggle, exhaustion, frustration, despair
They are all in the past today

You know I know better than to freak out and panic
But I still do from time to time
Sometimes the strength of my fears is stronger than that of my faith
I still fall off that wagon sometimes
But once those fears try to rip up my faith
They will pass and my faith's going to win
But the cycle repeats, once again I'll be tested
Maybe some day it won't happen again
The darkness consumes, but the darkness passes,
All I need's just a little light
But even when those demons sabotage my head
I still know I'm going to get through that night
So here I am just a strumming away
Been to hell and back but I've survived
And even now as I stand here naked
I'm just grateful to be singing and alive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link