Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The golf course looks good...

I listen to the Jim Rome show and one of the topics of discussion is how one dimensional golf great Tiger Woods come across in interviews. It seems no matter what the interview is, the famous quote is "the golf course looks good, my golf swing feels good, I like my chances". He even has a pretty hilarious sound clip of various Tiger Woods voice clips pasted together - okay - if you aren't a show regular, you probably don't get it.

But - somehow - for some strange reason - my present set of circumstances which I choose not to fully disclose at this point in order to avoid a major jinx right now - I can relate to this somewhat mocked line. As of this day, I can safely say

Don't waste the breath to save your face
When you have done your best
And even more is asked of you
Let fate decide the rest


I have done all I can do, now the remaining mocking torture of fate waits to either grant me a God given reprieve from a somewhat oppressive situation, or to slap my ass and send me back to the salt mine. Which is it going to be? The waiting is killing me - almost making me physically nauseous - I am about to join my daughter in the hospital for stomach symptoms.

So if any of you happen to be religious, say a prayer to your favorite entity for me at my request. My life is about to either get a whole lot better, or set me up for a major Charlie Brown miss of the infamous football kick, courtesy of his favorite Lucy. For once in my life, please let this not be me ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link