Monday, June 27, 2005

Letter to my wife

To my beloved wife:

I just want to thank you for being there for me when I really needed you. I know my needs and wounds are often a tall order for you, and can be overwhelming at times. I know you cannot be there for me all of the time, but somehow you seem to be there when I really am hurting, and when I really need you and you have no idea how much of a healing miracle that can be for me.

The other night when you got sick, I believe what happened was as can be the custom of a medicine woman, you took on my sickness and lived it out in the form of a physical sickness. I can’t tell you I am completely healed of everything, but I do believe that particular sickness is now gone for good. It has not been the first time that some kind of addictive, dark force has taken over me that you have been there to cure. I don’t believe in the “devil” literally as a being, but I do believe there are tempting forces out there that promise they can heal you with a temporary pleasure, that in turn ultimately only leads to more pain. Contrast that with your love, which to me is a pure, healing, amazing force that I stand in awe of. Don’t tell me it is just because I am your husband that I see this, I can’t believe every husband feels about this. There is an amazing healing power to you, that I have witnessed first hand. You are a one in million woman, and I think it is nothing but a miracle that I have not only found you, but been able to hold onto you in spite of all the dark times and trials we have been through together.

I love you like I can never love another woman, and I love the beautiful child we have made together.

Thank you so much for being such a great force in my life.


Love – David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link