Sunday, October 01, 2006

We want to see you lead a normal life

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life


Before we start this - click here to see me sing for 30 seconds...

Another very creepy dream in the span of less than 2 weeks - for anyone interested in Autumn scenic pictures, they are just a tad below. It started out that I was sick. It may have been a bad cold, an actual physical illness, which later in the dream progressed to a mental illness. At first I was in a dorm like facility, possibly a hospital, and I believe Sara and maybe Victoria were coming to visit me. I was very tired and I heard their voices and I believe they passed by my room and I was trying to call out to them, but my voice was either gone or barely audible the way it can be when I have a bad cold and am losing my voice. I called out to them, but I am not sure if they heard me. I wanted them to find me quickly so I could get back to resting.

Then the place I was in started to feel like - and was possibly inspired by my recent viewing of The Wickerman with Nicolas Cage. I hate to give away the surprise of the movie, but let's just say it is pretty ominous with strong overtones of death and murder. The place I was now staying in was clearly not a hospital, but an execution center. The people who owned and operated it were some sort of intense cult where they believed that once you had lived out your useful life, than you had to be executed. Ironically, the concept of how long a useful life was going to be was pretty relative to the ones making the decision. I remember seeing a somewhat dark skinned, and attractive woman there - probably no older than I am - trying to convince them that her time had not yet come, but they had already decided it was her time and all attempts at convincing were going to be upon deaf ears. Again - vague items - I can't remember everything clearly - but there were out-house type buildings - designed to either torture you into no longer resisting them, or maybe in fact these were the actual places of execution.

Somebody who had come to visit me - maybe it was Sara and Victoria from earlier on - had brought me a big bag of cold ground beef - a bag the size of a dog food bag - which may explain why all of a sudden my dog was in there with me trying to eat it, but I knew it was not for him to eat. I also did not have a refrigerator to store it in. I decided I needed to take my dog for a walk, but I was not sure of whether or not it was safe to walk him out there - because maybe they would see it as a possible escape attempt, but I then found out it was okay because they were pretty confident escape was just about impossible. At some point a tall good looking guy in a business suit was playing a kind of double edged tight rope walk game where he walked 70 feet above ground - and whether or it was deliberate or not, he fell toward his death at the end. In the dream, it became apparent that the place was kind of a double meaning - on one aspect, wanting to appear that they were there to help or cure your physical or mental illness, but in a more ominous overtone - they were there to end your life - possibly my association with mental institutions. At the same time, they were trying hard to not reveal that was their final intentions, and I was trying to let on that I did not know it either.

Toward the end of the dream I found out that it was my parents who had brought me there. I wondered why it was that they of all people wanted to kill me? It was hard to believe that they would, but then I concluded that they had brought me there because it was the less expensive of treatment options. There was another facility - where the treatment plan did not involve death at the end - but that would have been more expensive, so instead the plan was to bring me here where death was the end result, and maybe they could negotiate some kind of change in plan at the end - if not - well - then oh well - at least they had saved some money in the process. It was hard to believe two things - that I was there = in part because they had brought me there - and that I was going to die. In my mind I hoped for escape, but on some level I also thought if this was my time to go, then there was not much I could really do about it. One of the last things I remember was being in a kind of unorganized office setting with a front reception desk, and a voice I clearly identified as my father's, a somewhat weakened and tired version of his voice, was trying to call me - maybe to come get me - but when I turned around, he was not there. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning - like the last dream I posted here with the "my friend...." title - feeling pretty nervous and scared. I still feel that way now - probably not much chance of falling asleep again now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link