Saturday, August 27, 2005

The sound of gunfire off in the distance

Last night about 1:30 my dog, Zukey, was sleeping next to me and all of a sudden I heard 4 loud gunshot sounds that sounded like they were right out of the open window. Zukey was pretty freaked out and I could smell what seemed to be gunpowder right outside my window, and I saw two police cars driving by shortly after - all pretty surreal for coming out of a deep sleep. Normally this is a pretty quiet neighborhood - so hopefully nobody got hurt.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

That's really scary! I'm so glad you guys are okay. :)

I don't even think I know what gunpowder smells like. Hmm...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Zook said...

Kind of a sulfur smell - I fired at a firing range ages ago. The sheriff apparently drove out here and didn't find anything.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link