Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I know how it feels son, cus it runs in the family...

We are booking Sara her first psychotherapy appointment on Monday - all of us are going to be there. She is getting a head start - I didn't start going until I was almost 20. I know everyone thinks she is adorable - and she is - but she has just a few issues - including throwing a temper tantrum every time we take her to her summer program, being very dependent on her mother and anxiety prone when she is not there, new situations scare her (it was not a pretty sight when we tried to teach her to swim at a class) - and on top of it all, there is a possible concern of an eating disorder as she is very concerned about gaining weight from eating too much - which is a little early for a 6 year old. Being an only child in an isolated area does not help much either, and I certainly identify with a lot of her fears - so - I think this is the best thing for all of us right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

I'm sorry about Sara, but it sounds like she does have a few issues to work out. I hope she overcomes these issues! :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Zook said...

Maybe so and maybe not...

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link