Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I can only be who I am

I can’t be anyone else
Can only experience my pleasures
Can only suffer through my hells

Sometimes I long in envy
To have all that you do
But no matter how much I want to
I just cannot ever be you

To be what I am
With all my character flaws
My fears and my sorrows
When my destiny calls
The soft flabby middle
This wrinkled old face
That sees the infinite
From just one place
Imprisoned limitations
But this shining light
Can burst through them all
From the darkest night
As much as I wonder
Can there be more than this
My life is accepted
Just the way that it is

The Gods have chosen all of our souls
Allowing our lives to be
And in my unique existence
I’m perfecting this version of me

I can only have what I have
I can give my love to my wife
I can pause to appreciate
The sacred gift that is my life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link